Saturday, July 16, 2011

I've Had My First Interview!


I know I'm a little late sharing ... I blame it on an emergency move and a severe case of being distracted by my muse for Mason, *insert sigh* but I had my first ever author interview the other day! I knew it wouldn't be long before an author I put in the "hot seat" would want to return the favor and it was L.M Pruitt (she writes AH-MAZING urban fantasy stories that leave me speechless) who seized the chance. I have to say, I was TERRIFIED of how to answer her questions and she was super gentle with me.

So here's the beginning of the interview and the link that will take you to the rest. I will add... the last question she asked was if I had any crazy stories to share *hides face* I shared a DOOZY that involves what NOT to do when you meet a gorgeous cover model. Hope you get a giggle from it!


Interview with L.M Pruitt at Food, Fun and Urban Fantasy


You're well known in the blogging community for your awesome reviews of swoon worthy books. Why the jump to "the other side"?

Well, someone told me you guys gave away free ice cream and there'd be semi naked men here with killer abs! Hahaha see you can take a writer out of a reader, but you can't take The Bookish Snob out of a writer. LOL I actually started writing before I started blogging. I wrote a REALLY short story on... man, if I told you I would have to kill you. Let's just say, it got me really excited to explore and I decided to try write a fan fiction of one of my favorite paranormal romance series, Christine Feehan's Dark Carpathians. I loved it and tinkered around but it wasn't until the blessed meeting of my bestfriend Lacey, that I started thinking seriously. She encouraged me to take part in the National Novel Writing Month challenge last year (50,000 words in a month) and cheerleadered me the entire time. Writing is so addicting when you're focused and full charged! I completed the challenge and after that, I began writing. Every dream became a story idea and neatly filed away on my computer. Of course, being The Bookish Snob has put me in the path of some AMAZING authors who have encouraged, listened and offered a ton of support. Each book I read, I think "Hmmm I can do this. I want to see my name on a book I wrote." So here I am... on the other side. Actually come to think of it, I don't think I jumped... I was lovingly pushed LOL Thanks Lacey!
To keep reading, click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment